Reason for low mortality rate from covid-19 in Nigeria- Boss Mustapha | AfriTV Online

The head of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 Mustapha has indicated that Nigeria’s mortality rate from COVID-19 is low because the age group mostly affected are able to successfully fight the disease. He said this yesterday, while addressing jou...

mortality, covid, 19, nigeria

Reason for low mortality rate from covid-19 in Nigeria- Boss Mustapha

Published by: Da channel
06/30/2020 05:38 PM

The head of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 Mustapha has indicated that Nigeria’s mortality rate from COVID-19 is low because the age group mostly affected are able to successfully fight the disease. He said this yesterday, while addressing journalists after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

 Mustapha said about 80 per cent of those who have tested positive for the virus in Nigeria are in the age bracket of 31 to 40 years, and such people are able to fight off the disease unlike the remaining 20 per cent, especially the elderly and those with underlying illnesses.

 

 He hinted that his committee was considering a lockdown that would restrict only affected local governments, the majority of which are Lagos, the epic centre of the virus in Nigeria. This would enable for aggressive testing of residents of those areas.

Nigeria currently has about 25,133 confirmed cases of the virus, including 573 deaths. A breakdown across the 36 states and the federal capital territory of Nigeria shows that Lagos State has so far reported 10,310 cases, followed by FCT – 1,818, Oyo – 1,372, Kano – 1, 211, Rivers – 1, 056, Edo – 986, Delta – 965, Ogun –802, Kaduna – 714, Katsina – 551, Bauchi – 500, Gombe – 503, Borno – 491, Ebonyi – 438, Plateau – 371, Jigawa – 317, Imo – 318, Abia – 302, Enugu – 261, Ondo – 276, Kwara – 217, Nasarawa – 213, Bayelsa – 198, Sokoto – 151, Osun – 124, Akwa Ibom – 86, Adamawa – 84, Niger – 84, Kebbi – 76, Zamfara – 76, Anambra – 73, Yobe – 59, Benue – 59, Ekiti – 43, Taraba- 19 and Kogi – 4.

News images

Tags:

Share

Powered by WebTV Solutions